Have you been trying to find a vegan recipe that also tastes delicious? Try this vegan black bean soup and see what all of the fuss is about!
Serving Information: Serves 6
Nutritional Information: 296 Calories per Serving!
- Medium sized skillet (12 inches)
- 6-8 quart slow-cooker or crockpot
- Garlic press
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with a garlic press
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 3 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cans (15 oz. each) of low sodium black beans, undrained
- 1 cup of frozen corn
*add avocado chunks and cilantro leaves for serving, if you want extra flare.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high. Then, add chopped carrots, sliced celery, and chopped onion into the skillet. Cook these ingredients for 6 to 8 minutes (or until light brown), stir occasionally. Add tomato paste, crushed garlic, and cumin. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until the garlic is golden and tomato paste is brown. Stir in ½ cup of broth, scraping in any remaining bits.
- Transfer contents of skillet to 6-8 quart slow cooker or crockpot along with beans, corn, and remaining broth. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. This recipe will serve 6, but if you want to make it for yourself or a smaller crowd, this soup can be stored and reheated very easily. Enjoy!