Tired of making the same old spaghetti with red sauce? Try out this delicious and healthy lemon broccoli zucchini linguini. It’s simple, fast, and will surprise you with how good it tastes!
Serving Information: Serves 4.
- Great reheated for multiple meals!
Nutritional Information: 147 Calories per Serving
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bag of Frozen Broccoli or 1 Broccoli head found in your local produce section
- Cheese grater
- Normal Sized 3 quart pan
- Small skillet
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- Pasta Colander
- Spiralizer (or vegetable peeler)
Additional Ingredients for Added Flare
- Spinach Leaves (throw these in with the completed pasta for some additional greens)
- Parmesan Cheese (if you want an extra taste to your pasta, throw some cheese in)
- Start off by getting out your spiralizer or vegetable peeler and a zucchini. Either spirailze the zucchini or peel off pieces of the zucchini into noodle length pieces, about 1-2 cups worth, depending on your appetite. Once you have done this, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil for 1 minute. Add water and cook until zucchini is softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- While your linguini is getting ready, take your broccoli and put it in the microwave with a tiny bit of water to steam it. This can take about 5-6 minutes. While the broccoli is steaming, get out your lemon, cheese grater, and a small bowl. Scrape the lemon, rind and everything, against the grater in order to get a fine lemon dust. You can make as much of this as you want, but about ¼ of a lemon is recommended.
- Once you have your lemon and your finished broccoli, take your zucchini off of the stove and pour them out into a colander to get rid of the water. Put your linguini back into the same normal-sized pan that you were using and set it on a burner not in use. Right now you should have your lemon dust, broccoli, and zucchini linguini in 3 separate containers.
- Now, take all of the ingredients and pour them into the pan where you have the linguini. Once they are all together, stir up the broccoli with the pasta in order to make sure it is evenly placed. If you want to add extra olive oil at this point, feel free to do so. Now that you have all of your ingredients together, you are all set to serve up a delicious dinner!